Keep Growing Little One!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Getting to the Hospital

You have been teasing us all week with random contractions here and there. This morning I had a contraction just before your daddy left at 7:30am for his "Walk with a Doc" event down in Grove City (about 45 minutes away). He asked me if he should just cancel and stay home. I told him, "No, go ahead and go. I've been having random contractions all week. I'll be fine." Not my best decision...

Throughout the next couple of hours my contractions got stronger and started coming about every 15 minutes.  At 9:00 I sent a text to Daddy telling him that I thought the rest of my mucus plug just went.  He asked if he should come home.  I responded nonchalantly, "I don't think so.  If I have another strong contraction I'll let you know."  As I was pressing the send key I realized that I was not being very smart.  I sent another text immediately following the first saying, "Actually, yes, why don't you just come home."

Your poor daddy was already a mile out on his "Walk with a Doc" route when he got my text.  He turned around where he was and sprinted the mile back to his car to head home.  In the mean time, I finally realized that this was it.  You were on your way.  I called Grandma and Grandpa and told them that they could start heading down because we were heading to the hospital.  Daddy was too far away, so I told him to just meet me at the hospital.

I then called Brenda and asked her to come pick up your big sisters so I could head to the hospital.  She was too far away, so she sent her husband, Anthony, to get them.  As we waited for him to get here my contractions were getting closer together and stronger.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to drive myself to the hospital very much longer! So, I made a call to the Schotts, our neighbors across the street, and asked them to come over to watch your sisters until Anthony got here.

Stella Schott came right over and got to our door just as Anthony pulled up.  I felt bad for making her come over for what turned out to be nothing, but it was actually a wonderful blessing in disguise.  Stella convinced me to let Dave and her drive me to the hospital.  And God bless Dave, he got you and me there safe and FAST!  He was going 70mph down Africa Road (usually 55mph)! 

When we got to the hospital, Daddy was waiting at the door with a wheel chair for me.  We unloaded our bags and headed for Labor and Delivery.  It was a wild ride, but we made it!  You're on your way, and we get to meet you in just a few short hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment